Per FTC regulations we are required to disclose that “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases” and other programs at no extra cost to you and helps to support our efforts. Please refer to our affiliate policy for more information
Lake Tahoe is a beautiful destination that offers stunning views, exciting activities, and endless adventures all year round. While many people think of Lake Tahoe as a winter wonderland, with its snowy slopes and cozy ski lodges, the area also has plenty to offer in the Spring. April is a great time to visit Lake Tahoe as the snow melts, and the weather warms up, creating the perfect conditions for outdoor activities. Here are 12 things to do at Lake Tahoe in April.
- Hit the slopes: While many ski resorts start to close in April, there are still plenty of opportunities to ski and snowboard. The snow is usually still good in early April, and the crowds are smaller, making for a more relaxed skiing experience.
- Go snowshoeing: Snowshoeing is a great option if you prefer a more low-key winter activity. Many of the trails in the area are open year-round and offer stunning views of the snow-covered mountains.
- Take a scenic drive: With the snow starting to melt, April is a great time to take a scenic drive around Lake Tahoe. The roads are clear, and the views are spectacular.
- Go hiking: As the snow melts, the hiking trails start to open up, and April is a great time to explore them. Many trails offer beautiful views of the lake and the surrounding mountains.
- Visit Emerald Bay State Park: Emerald Bay State Park is a must-see destination in Lake Tahoe, and April is a great time to visit. The crowds are smaller, and the views of the bay and the surrounding mountains are breathtaking.
- Take a boat tour: While the water is still cold in April, a boat tour around the lake is still a great way to enjoy the views. Many tour companies offer heated boats to stay warm and comfortable while enjoying the scenery.
- Go fishing: April is a great time to fish in Lake Tahoe. The lake is stocked with various fish, including rainbow trout, brown trout, and Mackinaw trout.
- Explore the casinos: If you’re lucky, Lake Tahoe has several casinos offering gaming and entertainment. April is a great time to visit, as the crowds are smaller, and the weather is mild.
- Take a hot air balloon ride: Seeing Lake Tahoe from above is an unforgettable experience, and it is a unique way to do it. April is a great time to ride, as the weather is usually calm and clear.
- Visit the hot springs: Lake Tahoe has several natural hot springs, and April is a great time to visit them. The hot springs are a great way to relax and unwind after a day of outdoor activities.
- Go mountain biking: As the snow melts, the mountain biking trails start to open up. Lake Tahoe has some great trails for all skill levels, and April is a great time to explore them before the crowds arrive.
- Attend the Spring Loaded event: Spring Loaded is a month-long April event featuring live music, comedy, and other entertainment. It’s a great way to experience Lake Tahoe’s vibrant arts and culture scene.
Lake Tahoe is a fantastic destination in April, offering various activities for outdoor enthusiasts, adventure seekers, and those looking to relax and unwind. From skiing and snowshoeing to hiking, boating, and hot-air ballooning, there’s something for everyone at Lake Tahoe in April. So, start planning your trip today, and get ready to experience all these beautiful destination offers.